November 17, 2010

Oh Deer!








I'm just going to put this out there...I can't knit - like at all (which is very frustrating). I had been looking for the perfect hat for a long time. I knew it would have ears, but couldn't be lame (there are a lot of cheesy animal hats out there)!

Tiny Owls definitely took Etsy by storm. I found her hat pattern (she was still a new seller), posted it on facebook, worked out a plan to barter logo and banner design for a friend to knit it, went back to buy the pattern (not long after finding it) and it had sold. I ended up swiping one up the next day when she relisted.

When I checked today the Tiny Owls shop was up to 130 sales! Amazing. I keep going back (knowing that I cannot have what I will find) and there are more and more adorable patterns...even packs of patterns. So - if you are more talented than I, you better get over there and check it out.
Also...BIG thank you to Janelle for my beautiful deer hat! It turned out perfectly. Sneak over to her shop Lemuria Handmade Crafts and check out our little logo design for hat swappery. Her shop is empty at the moment but the new banner is up and I am sure it will be full of lovely items in time.

3 comments:

stephanie dosen said...

aw thanks! you look darling!!
:* ♥
xoxo
~stephanie

duffyallen said...

That is one severely adorable cap and one excellent Etsy shop banner!

gabriel said...

i neeeed one :P so cute