February 16, 2010

adrift

I had to stop myself from drifting off to sea for this weeks Illustration Friday theme. I do very much love the ocean, followed by the sky...but today I chose daydreams. I get lost in my head constantly. It is one of my biggest battles....I bought some new fancy paper and am experimenting with mixed medias. This piece is done with acrylic paint, (black, sparkly gold, white and silver) ink, walnut ink, pencil, colored pencil, and water color pencils. I think I enjoy working on paper. I am sad my sparkles don't show up very well in the photo.

Have a beautiful day! ♥

7 comments:

FRIZZ said...

your stuff is incredible. love how you think.

Diane said...

This is very nicely done!

Lucretia E. McGuff-Silverman said...

What a wonderful adrift illustration. Keep having happy and beautiful daydreams

Tim Tomkinson said...

i like your pudgy bees. perhaps they've been drinking too much nectar..

Ann Pilicer said...

Great use of line! Wonderful work! :D

Amanda said...

The colors you used are lovely. She looks like she's lost in thought on a summer afternoon.

Mariko said...

I too day-dream madly. It can be a distraction, but it is also an inspiration when i can come out of it long enough to create something. ;) yay!