February 08, 2010

My artsy fun weekend in photos...

This weekend was the Visual Arts tour. Raw Space was packed to the brim with artist new and old (even sold 2 of my 3 paintings). I bought a pen and ink illustration by my friend Nore at the Rage Tattoo Artists show over at the Rocket on Main. Dara Harvey had marvelous new works at the Kolva Sullivan Gallery after which we ended up in Jim Kolva's loft for the after party (his immense art collection is simply astounding). I was shocked at how many people I knew there....I know a ton of artists! It is strange that I hadn't realized this until now.

Our new arts collective Riverspeak had our outrageously successful launch party, NEST. We sold out of the handmade zines in a couple of hours. I had spent all last week doing the layout and illustrations which was followed by a huge craft party to put them together. Here is a peek at what you missed....
And the photos I promised:The night closed drinking with Mariko and Becky, and Jacinda and I didn't get home until almost 4am!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Naaman is way more photogenic than I am. ;D

Tiffany said...

Nah Brooke...your adorable!

Jess LaPrade Artistry said...

I'd have to agree, Dara Harvey's work was a real delight. And there was a piece by Nory at the Rocket of a lady smoking cupcakes that I've added to my wish list. Love your new pieces too!