February 03, 2010

Focused

I finished my painting last night in the wee hours of the morn. Jacinda was sleeping away with her pillow over her head to my left. Standing on a chair I snapped this photo...the wooden box actually took up my entire card table.

This is my temporary makeshift workspace in my temporary bedroom at Jacinda's parents house (permanent parents). Nest. That is the theme of the Riverspeak Launch Party this Friday for the Visual Arts Tour (everything I do is last minute). Nest also seems to fit our temporary housing situation.

The theme this week for Illustration Friday is 'Focused'. I really wanted my nest painting to fit in with the weekly theme as well. I think I accomplished that pretty successfully. I am calling this piece 'Mobil Home'. You can't really see it here, but I am starting to incorporate some strategically placed metallic paints. Jacinda made me a bunch of these amazing boxes from scrap wood (via house remodel) as a Christmas gift. They are wonderful to paint on, and each one is unique. Now that I have finally figured out how to properly hang these beasts on the wall (sitting on L's) I am sold. I have three more of them in Raw Space on Friday as well....if you happen to be out and about.

5 comments:

Ann Pilicer said...

What a amazing Painting. How wonderful! The colors are wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing all that went into it. :D

David Galletly said...

Really nice work. You're right, combining the IF topic with another idea is a good way of making things a little more specific. Thanks for the tip.

Patrick said...

Really fantastic painting! The way you use the colors and shapes is really beautiful.

joseph's art and stuff said...

very cool, looking forward talking friday. sounds like you're going to be pretty busy. hope we bump into each other at one of the many events!

flossy-p said...

Wow, your work is great! I especially love the layers of colour in the background... in everything actually. It's really beautiful!